The ASP.NET Grid has the option to handle millions of records in less than 2 seconds.
To enable this feature, just declare a ObjectDataSource
then bind it to the grid.
- The ObjectDataSource
control uses reflection to call methods of a business object
to select, update, insert, and delete data.
- You set the ObjectDataSource
to specify the name of the class to use as a source object.
You also need to:
- set the Serialize
property of the Grid to false
- use the paging feature of the ObjectDataSource control: EnablePaging
- use a method for returning the total number of records: SelectCountMethod
- specify the SortParameterName
- the Grid needs to have the EmbedFilterInSortExpression
property set to true (when filtering is used)
- format the SQL query to retrieve only the required rows in business object.
For details on how to create a source data object to be used with the ObjectDataSource
see Creating an ObjectDataSource Control Source Object